Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Wanted: Less Exciting Life

Well, an update is probably due. I started out the week with food poisoning and had a week of diarrhea.  Which led to major dehydration and a trip to the hospital last night with the result of a kidney stone 7.5 centimeters. Anything less than 8 they want you to pass on your own. Pain meds are the only way to go..  


I had just gotten off the phone with Chris who had just flown in Mississippi when I got this terrible pain in my lower back. I checked the internet to see what organ was there, but found no answers.  I think I was in too much pain to research properly. I called Kelli and she said, Wake up Ian (who is staying with us and on call with his work) and to call 911. A few minutes later, Chris arrived to find me in terrible pain and heading straight for the car, purse in hand, saying please take me to the hospital. He was tired and confused. . Not the welcome  home he was use to. I felt bad, but really couldn't talk, breathe or say what was wrong. Ian stayed and Kelli came over (in case Ian got called out).  Later Susie came to relieve Kelli who needed to return to her kids. Chris and I got about 3 blocks in the car when I had him pull over so I could throw up. I never did, but then couldn't breathe at all and that's when we called 911. They showed up in like 3 minutes. Me in my (only family can see, no bra) house dress.. And then I know one of the firemen.  Figures!!!! They asked me tons of questions, sometimes at the same times.. One guys was shouting at me and I thought if he yells at me one more time I'm going to fling my  arm and hope I hit him. I then walked to the gurney and almost fainted. When I got on to the gurney and they started strapping me down, I went into full blown panic attack. I don't like being strapped down...  at all.... ever.... s&m would never work for me.  When we got into the ambulance I had another panic attack and told "Brian" that he better not let me die because I have a 15 month old who just  started walking and on and on and on... Poor Brian. Chris was behind us the whole time and even at the door before they even opened it..  I got right in,  got and IV started with fluids, a CT scan that showed the stone, some great meds and finally we went to Walgreens, and very finally, we went home. As we laid down Chris said, "I've been awake for 24 hours".  He also said something to me in the hospital that I will never forget. He said, "you need to get better" "yes, honey, I know" "no, I mean, you need to get better because I can't live without you. You're always saying you can't live with out me, but I also can't live with out you, so you need to get better, really better".... So, that's my goal for this year-to get better...  Thanks for your prayers and I will be fine. It's just a kidney stone, Thank God...  But I'm very thick headed and God has been knocking on my door for quite some time now about my health issues and I think I'll open it and start the ball rolling to recovery..    I have a lot to live for..   

For now, I'm resting, on heavy pain killers and drinking tons of water. More later and pray it doesn't take too long.  

4 comments:

ShellyH said...

Sorry to hear about your kidney stone! I had one last year that took me 3 weeks to pass, it was total misery! I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I called Jennifer twice yesterday to check on you. So glad it is something that will go away. we were all worried about you. Love, Muna

Susannah said...

Poor girl!!! I'm glad that it's nothing life threatening or anything, but very sorry that it's something that will hurt. And who knew my brother could be be so cute?

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better. I'll let everyone knows that it will be posted soon.

Christabel

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey