Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our New Life

Chris and I started The South Beach Diet yesterday. Our friend Damian is doing it and has lost 8 lbs. in a week. So, I started with taking all the tempting things out of the house(gave them to Susie) and we started fresh with lots of meats and veggies. I know it's too soon to get excited, but I lost 2.5 lbs. So, the hardest part will be this first 2 weeks. Mostly the weekends when we're tired of it. The best thing I can do for us is PREPARE... So, I made our meat salads and am going to drop Chris' off soon.. In the future, I'll do that the night before. Mostly we have to cut our sugar and starches. We can add those things back in later, but in different ways. Whole wheat instead of white flour, etc.. Healthier choices.. forever.. That's going to be the key.. Forever. The whole life change thing.. So, I'll try to keep you posted.

In the meantime, I've had tons of pain and finally got a urinalysis to see what infection I had and I didn't.. They said all along that I didn't, that it was just trauma to my parts.. So, I made it an entire day (yesterday) without any pain meds.. and so far today.. I think I'm done with that. In fact, I think I'm done with the whole thing. Can I finally say yeah? Yeah!!

Alex: It will be nice when he can actually talk and tell me what he wants.. Even though we're teaching him sign language (he knows about 6 signs) his brain is smarter than those 6 concepts and there're tons that he wants to say.. So, he gets frustrated and bangs his head on the wall, my leg, the cabinets, etc.. I can usually figure out what he wants, but sometimes its difficult.. Poor baby..

Well, have a nice day everyone.

0 comments:

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey