Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Exciting Tuesday

Well, yesterday started out looking pretty boring, but ended up being the exact opposite. Rachel (photo friend) came over to pray with me in the morning and I felt much better, but before she left, I through up violently. Just once, but it concerned me. Then she had to go to work and another friend Vicki came about 10 minutes later to also help with Alex and I tied to visit, but was very tired. I tried to sleep but was not feeling right. I also had a hard time peeing. (not a good thing) So, I called the Dr. and said I need to see him today instead of tomorrow, but he was out of the office. So I told her I had vomited and couldn't pee and she said, "hang up the phone, go straight to the ER and he will meet you there." I said "for surgery?" and she said yes.. A little freaky. I guess they are now thinking the stone is blocked, which is not good, consitering the size.. 7 x 5... Like a sunflower seed.. but too large to go through the small tubes.

So, Vicki takes me and Alex to the ER and Chris meets us there. Then eventually she took Alex to Linda's for the rest of the day. Thanks everyone. I think because Rachel had prayed repeatedly for peace, I had it. I never once felt worried that I would die or whatever. Not even when we were traveling down the hall and we came across someone transporting a dead body. Not what you want to see going into surgery...

Anyway, they weren't sure what they were going to to until they got right into it. So, I ended up geting a spinal block (have very large bruse on my back) and doing what is call a lithotripsy. (sp?) It's where they shoot 4000 ultrasound waves through water at the stone and hope that it breaks up. Now I wait, drink lots of water and strain my pee. I do go in for an X-ray this morning to see where the stone/stones are. If there are problems and they won't pass, then we go to plan B, which is a stent and more surgery.

Thanks for your prayers again, but keep praying. We're not done yet. I have a wedding in 10 days and fully plan to be there. Maybe with assistance, but I HAVE to be there..

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lacey, what a ordeal. I am so sorry.

Love, Muna

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey