Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 18, 2008

As it turns out...

last night was one of the worst nights of my life.... I just kept having to pee. The stint that is in makes you feel as though you have to pee. So I hardly slept at all and now at 6 am, I just can't take another minute of it. At one point I was so mad, I told Chris to have someone just put me out of my misery... My request was not honored.. So I'm up having oatmeal. Partly why I'm having oatmeal is in honor of my grandpa. Just before I went in for surgery yesterday, this very old couple came in. Milli had fallen at the rest home and broken her hip. Glen (her husband) was with her and his daughter Gwen. They were just the sweetest couple joking about, "now make sure he's not signing any divorce papers", and "are you my winnie doggy?" whatever that meant.... But he in particular just reminded me of my grandpa sooooo much, I cried and cried. They must of thought I was crazy. They could see that I was upset and wasn't sure why. We were all also laughing because of the cute things they were saying to each other. Did I mention that they were like 85? Not young 85, old 85. There's a big difference. As it turns out, they've only been married 9 years. You'd of thought it had been 60.. Back to Glen, he was tall, had old ugly Navy tattoos and could hardly walk. He had a buzz cute.. He made me so homesick for my grandpa, I could hardly breath. Even now I can hardly stop crying thinking of him. So, here's a cheers to old Navy tattoos and oatmeal. Maybe I just stretch it a bit and have some brandy in my coffee.. :) JK

0 comments:

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey