Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Long Lost Blogger

Well,  I guess it's been forever since I blogged about nothing.. 

Alex did the funniest thing last night.. Chris was peeing (sorry honey) and he called me saying, "honey, hurry come look at Alex".. So I go in there and on the other side of Chris (standing at the toilet peeing) is Alex, holding his shirt up, leaning forward and pretending to pee.. Like daddy.  It was the cutest thing.. Even cuter, he was very proud of himself.. 

Alex has also become very insistent about certain things in his life..   Like wearing these black dress shoes instead of his easy boots.. the shoes are dressier and have laces, which come undone.. Ugh.   He also has insisted on sitting at the table like a big boy.  He's not quit big
 enough to not make a mess everywhere, but I'm trying to allow him to grow up, so he's moved to the table with a booster chair and place matte.. We'll see  how that goes.. And his cup Can't have a lid on it..  He also insists on wearing certain un-matching hats when we leave the house and coats are sometimes okay and sometimes not.. I have to get creative in my reverse psychology.

As with his medicine every morning.. The inhaler business is never fun, but followed by a tic tac and all is good..  (inhaler update- We found one that does not make him hyper and his coughing has lessened dramatically.. thank goodness)

All of this independence and 7 months pregnant.. I'm quite tired by mid day... and dead by days end.. this is where Chris comes in to save each day. 5pm and it's daddy time.. They play, bathe, clean up, read and then off to bed.. I don't know what I'd do without him.. 

My friend took our pictures the other day.. I think they turned out really good..   If you want one, let me know.. I've made a few copies already. 



4 comments:

Chris Newkirk said...

Now that's a good looking family!!!

jennifer newkirk said...

Alex looks SO grown up in that picture...

Unknown said...

Your Aunt Cathy and Uncle Jim would LOVE to have a picture! Adorable!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I'm all over it.. :) Love you guys and I'm glad U. Jim made it home safely. Can't wait to hear about his trip.

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey