Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

An Eventful Morning


So, Alex and I are on our way out the door when we are greeted by none other than beautiful little stranger.. Beige, tail wagging, and happiness.. My heart melted... So, in the car with us she went.. I drove straight to Chris' work to show him our new addition and his words were, "OH NO!"  I said what any pregnant hormonal woman would say, "OH YES!"  :)  She is soooo cute..  She came with me to drop off Alex, I showed her to a couple of my friends and then  we finally made it home for an introduction to Libby..  It didn't go so well.. Libby was fine with her, but she is in heat (I think) and a little temperamental with other dogs in her lady area.. Who wouldn't be? All she did do was show her teeth and I corrected her promptly.. But I am waiting for them to play. For now, she's been mostly sleeping.. 


If anyone remembers the last dog I kept you will remember the heart ache I underwent when the owners finally called a week later.. Same kind of dog, Male, Benji like and perfect.. So this time, I still did the right thing and put an ad in the paper. There was no collar but she I'm sure has a home somewhere..   I will give her back if they call and describe her to the T, but I really want to keep her.. It's time Libby had a friend.  

Of  course I worry about Alex around her, but we'll see how it goes. She licked him this morning and her tail was wagging, so those are both good signs..  I also petted her while she was eating to see how that went and it was fine.  But don't worry, our kids come first and if there are any signs, she'll have to go..  The kids are the most important.. 



4 comments:

Chris Newkirk said...

Oh brother...

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Dog Update:
I talked to the mail person today (Diane) and she said she's been seeing this dog for over a week, wandering.. No wonder she is sooooo tired.. Poor thing!!

RN said...

A wandering dog in heat hmmmm maybe you are gonna get more than one dog on your hands?....

Susannah said...

She really is so cute. And her fur is so soft! Usually with Benji type dogs the fur is more wiry. I think Mom is right in calling her a lhasa apso. :)

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey