Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 19, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside! and an Alex story.

Oh man is it cold today in Bakersfield.. 34 degrees.. We've got a big day ahead of us today and i was out there helping Chris load things into the car.... I should have stayed in bed. Alex has the right idea..


Oh, LAST NIGHT!!!   The plan was to take Alex to Brooke's (Kelli's) and she could watch him while  we went to a Xmas get together.. As always, we were running late, quickly dropped him off, snuck out the back and got on our way.. 30 seconds later, the phone rang..   Kelli Screaming... "He's puking everywhere!!! Mac & Cheese.. It just won't stop.. Oh my god, there's more!!!"  

See, Alex has this really BAD habit of crying soooooo hard that he gags himself til he pukes when we leave him somewhere.  It's not all the time. Mostly when he's already been at the day care all day, he's tired  and just wants to be home doing his regular nightly thing.. aka playing with daddy and dogs.  We have tried other things that worked like showing up 30 minutes early, getting him used to the surroundings, and then he's been fine.. but as I said earlier, we were running late.. 

So we went back, got him cleaned up and went home. We didn't have any numbers of the people we were meeting, so for now, they all think we flaked.  Instead we drove through John's, went home, took off our going out clothes (Chris said I looked hot with my pregnant belly) and we turned back into to frumpy parents.

AWWWW,  the memories...  

One dog story..  As we were getting ready to go out, I hear Chris yelling at the new dog. "GET OFF THAT KITCHEN TABLE!!!!!"    :)   

I think we've named her Sally Mae in remembrance of Miss Sally Pants. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww. This story really made me relate...the running late, etc. I never had big pukers (whether they were sick or upset)....knock on wood...that's a bummer to have to go home...but as Darrell and I try to go out these days...we always can't wait to get back home anyway to our little 4 sweeties. I'm sure Alex was glad you came home. Merry Christmas, my darling sister. Please deliver my niece SOON!!!!!!!! I've waited for her for 37 years. I'm getting a little anxious as she will be the closest I ever got to having a girl and most definitely will be smothering her with Aunt Lesa hugs and of course kisses. Thank you for bringing her into this world by the way. She's got a huge fan waiting for her...I know there are many that can't wait also. The boys asked about her the other day. Give Alex bug kisses. By the way, Sally Mae is darling....Brian Jr!!!!! Glad you kept her. My mom's having a hard night...she lost her dog Sinbad of 11 years tonight. She's very sad. Have a good week.
Les

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey