Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Letting Go

So it started out as a pretty wonderful day. I had breakfast with 3 of my photo friends and it was great (except Alex towards the end. But he's 20 months and has limited excuses)  But when I came home I just lost it. The house, the cat litter, the fact that my neighbor who promised to take Evil Sally Pants away this weekend, didn't take her. and she's still here trying to get into our house (for the past 2 weeks).  


Back story for those who don't know Evil Sally Pants. (She's not evil, her new name is Sally and she doesn't wear pants... ) My neighbor left her and her 3 kittens. I found homes for the babies but not the mommy yet. Who, is a very sweet with beautiful blue eyes, but wants to live in my house and I don't want her to. She has a reputation of peeing in the house. And the world knows how I feel about cat pee. Most of the world would agree, except crazy cat people with 97 cats. 

My delima (spell check will not help me here) is that we all like the cat. I would even spay her and keep her if she would stay out side. The cat door is where she's coming in. So the cat litter has been inside for 2 weeks, I'm pregnant and it's just been a miserable 2 weeks. I just have different limitations than other people.  I lost it this weekend in front of Chris' family, yelled at him, and feel terrible about it. Not about my decision, about yelling at him. That was wrong. Anyway, sometimes I can only take so much.  

So just when I was ready to load the cat into the box and take her to the pound... and don't think I haven't tried for 2 weeks.. NO ONE is taking any cats. I had also just gotten off the phone crying embarrassingly with my vets office; begging them to take her if I spayed her..  They felt terrible but what can they do? Anyway, I was on the phone with the ASPCA to get a "free feral cat spay voucher" when my neighbor came to get the cat. See, he's supposed to have taken her to a farm in Earimart a week ago. Anyway, God must have know I was at my end, cause he spared her at the last moment.  

So that's it. Evil Sally Pants  is off to a farm to hopefully catch mice and sleep in a  barn.. How cats should live.. I just hope they will fix her.  This world has tooooo many unwanted animals.
I guess I'm a little sad that I never took a photo of her and her beautiful blue eyes. But I'm glad she's not going to be put down. Alex kissed her good bye and I cried. What a day and it's only 2pm.  

I do have to say that I blog about these things that seem silly to some, important to others. I don't mean to complain about things knowing that there are others that I care about who are dealing with far more than me, but there is a limit to what each person can take and today it just wasn't much. These are just things I need to get off my chest and mean really nothing in the grand scheme of things. So please don't think I'm insensitive to bigger problems in the world,  but it is and has been a hard decision to take or not take a creatures life. And  I'm   just relieved that God spared me from that decision today.  

2 comments:

RN said...

I have been wanting to blog about the state of craziness. So girl I am with you on personal limits and then going over the waterfall. Love ya

Susannah said...

aw, I liked that cat. too bad I couldn't take her.

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey