Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Bun In The Oven

Well, it's official.. I have a bun in my oven.. Not bread.. :0)   I took a test yesterday morning and sure enough, it was positive.. So I'm very skeptical and needed to really be sure, so I went down and had a blood test right away and yep, Positive again..  It's official we're pregnant. 


We are both very excited about having this baby and what changes will happen in our family, how Alex will react to having a sibling, all the usual worries about being first time parents. I still consider us very new at this.. But the reality is that for generations upon generations families have been going through this same change and they've all made it somehow..  You just do it, moment by moment, challenge by challenge... sometimes making it up as you go.. I guess.  I think really those thoughts are all going through my head, but I'm not truly worried cause God always has a plan and wouldn't give us a baby He didn't want us to have..  My real fears come with my health condition.. and I know God is watching out for me, but really, it's a choice that I control myself every second of the day.

Today when  we were driving home from the beach it hit me... All the things I went through to have Alex. All the food choices, the needles, the insulin, the bruising, the shooting up in restaurant bathrooms, the constant Dr. visits, the blood sugar level charting,  the tears, the Dr. yelling at me (sweet and wonderful as he is) (which makes it worst that I could drive him to yell at me and in his words,  "drive him to drink")..  It's really the hardest thing I've ever had to do and now here I am again.. Asking for it..   And the family "helping" is something I'm not looking forward to..  The helping usually comes across like "if you eat that you're killing your baby".. Anyway, I don't want to get to heavy about family right now.  But, I have made choices in my life that have all led to this path that I now take and I just have to deal with that. It will be hard. This is why God doesn't give me morning sickness. He knows I can't handle that.  :) 

I know the pay off is worth it, it's just going to be a rough ride...  

Oh, did I mention that when you have diabetes, you pee more? So when you're pregnant and diabetic you pee even more...  Chris loves that part.. We already stop every 20 minutes... 

Have a good night. Know that I'm excited, just tired already thinking about it. 

4 comments:

z007mom said...

Congratulations on your Bun! I am so excited for you guys! One is fun but Two....(hee hee)
Our family will keep you in our prayers....tho' my girls will probably be praying you have a girl so they won't be the only ones at family get togethers! :)
love you much and congrats again!

Cathy Loper said...

Lacey, is there anything you haven't done well? I don't think so! You are great at whatever you put your mind to. We love you so much, Congratulations! Love, Aunt Cathy

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks you guys.. We are very excited and can't wait til the new baby comes.. It's going to be a long wait, I fear.. I know so much earlier this time.. Anyway, see you soon camping.. Love, Lacey

z007mom said...

Hey Lacey~ Jade will be at camp that week until Friday the 18th. Jim is planning on going up to Yosemite as soon as she gets home. She won't be there Thursday but said she would love to help you with Alex the rest of the weekend. They are planning on staying until Sunday-Monday as well. I think Zack is going up with Big Jim, so he'll already be there. Fun!!

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey