Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Joseph Douglas Criger Newkirk - Sept. 1992 - Oct. 17, 2008

I went to the wedding rehearsal for tomorrow's wedding. Chris went to this crazy BBQ stand down the street and said to the old black church ladies, "my pregnant wife said she wanted ribs when she came home." They said, "NO SHEEE DIDN'T!!!"   :)  There were ribs waiting. I went to pee and Joey came into the hall where he could see me and was panting and in obvious pain. I think he was waiting for me.  I yelled for Chris and we got in the car and went to the hospital. On the way, we had decided that he did not deserve to be in pain any longer. 


The doctor put him in an oxygen tank, ran some blood work and wanted to do an ultrasound on his belly. They had not done an ultrasound before and thought it was just the kidney disease and arthritis. The results showed a large mass in his stomach which was cancer and he was bleeding internally into  his belly. We decided that was it, they brought him in quickly, said that he was already in cardiac arrest, I held him, the Dr. gave him the shot while I talked to him and cried and he was gone. He checked his pulse and nothing.

Alex said, "nigh nigh kee kee"  

I can barely contain myself from sorrow.

My only peace is that he waited for me to come home and I was there with him when he went. I was the only person he truly loved in this world. He only tolerated every one else. and they all knew it. Cats are funny that way. 

I know that everyone says, it was time, he lived a long life, etc. It doesn't help. A huge part of me is gone. that's all there is to it. it's going to take a long time to get over this. 

To anyone who knew Joey and either loved him or didn't, thanks for reading this.  I sorry he if he was ever cranky with you.  If it makes you feel better, he was cranky with me sometimes too. :) 


His body is waiting for us at the hospital. We will get it on Sunday morning, take him to Tehachapi, bury him on my parents property with all his past pet siblings and I'll buy a rock with his name on it like Spots and it will be in our yard next to Spot. 

So....With all the love and sorrow I have, I will greatly miss my first love. 

2 comments:

Susannah said...

:( I'm sorry. I know how hard this is for you. *hugs*

CarGate said...

Awww, there's nothing I can say. That sucks.

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey