Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Joey Down To Rest

We picked him  up this morning from the vet. She said, "are you here for an appt?" "No, we are here to pick up our cat." "Is the cat in the hospital or in boarding?" "He's already dead." "Oh, sorry. (to another worker) Will  you get their cat out of the freezer?".......  I think at that moment I almost fainted. Somehow, I didn't.  I also don't think I was breathing, just crying under my sunglasses signing paperwork. 


When we got to Teh. Chris started on the hole, added water for soaking, we went to church and returned later to finish with much softer dirt to work with.  Alex helped put dirt in the hole, Chris did most of the work and I just stood there. We then put two rocks on the mound. I suppose one for him and one for me. 

My house is so empty. There are four of us here, but it's empty. I think this week will be especially hard with Chris having to go to Iowa. Thank goodness I have somewhere to be every day and he'll be home early on Friday. 

5 comments:

DC Girl said...

I know its a kitty but animals become a part of our families! I know what you are going through. Its so sad. Thinking of you (and wiping the tears away too).

Love, Lesley

Life Happens said...

If you don't feel up to it, I am more than willing to write a letter to the vet hospital about their lack of bedside manner. That was totally unacceptable. I am so sorry Lacey. I will call you each day. Take care. Love, Bridget

Anonymous said...

Lacey, I am so sorry for your lose. I totally get it. Felt the same with my dog Champ, got him as a puppy and he was mine. Those special connections are hard to explain to others. I also can't imagine losing either of my kitty babies now. I am thinking of you. Love Julie

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks everyone.

Misty said...

So sorry to hear about your cat! =(

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey