Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Singing Praises of Dr. Andrews!



Long story, I'll try to keep it short.

 
When I was pregnant with Alex my Dr. wanted me to see a nutritionist to help with what to eat while being pregnant. They tried to bill my insurance $1000 for 2 visits. Yes, $500 a visit. My insurance said no.. We fought back and forth and WE finally paid the $1000. For this $1000 I got a needle container and learned how to shoot up insulin.. Gee thanks.. 

While in the Dr.s the other day he expressed that he wanted me to go back for a refresher.. I said, no thanks, I can't afford it.. I explained the situation and  he was OUTRAGED (on my behalf).. The next day I get a call from him saying that had I asked for the "cash price" it would have been $153-.  I didn't know about this cash price thing and now I do..  Live and Learn !!! (hurts sometimes)  So, then they (the diabetes  center) and said they wanted to see me and knew the old situation and that if the insurance didn't cover again, that the visit would be free. So I agreed to go and my appt. is today.

Then they called me again today and said that what had happened was very wrong and she is requesting a refund of $600 ish for us.. Very nice.. 

So thanks to Dr. Andrews who is the best Dr. I have ever gone to. The Newkirk family can attest to that. 

Then on my way home today I bought a bum lunch. He asked  for $1 to buy a soda in the morning and I made him promise to buy juice instead. He probably won't, but at least he had food for today. His name was Richard.. 



3 comments:

Susannah said...

Bastards!
Yay, that's cool.
Yup, he's awesome.
You're awesome too!
yay! :)
Now you just need to make sure to get.... umm... whatever her name is for your nurse!

jennifer newkirk said...

Molly...

Susannah said...

Yeah I can housesit. And if they don't eat crickets, the next best food is roaches. So... yeah. I'm sticking with crickets.

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey