Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On the way home...

Well, I've thought about whether or not I was going to write about this and decided I probably should. I've had such a terrible time with this pregnancy and things seem to always just get worst. 


I went camping after all. The drive was much longer than I had thought and when I finally arrived, I started crying. My uncle and cousins probably thought I was crazy.. I was just soooo tired.  Camping was great. My family really helped me with all the lifting and carrying of the stuff.. (Thanks) There were bears, lots of chipmunks, and Alex had a blast. (Although he fell and bit right through his top lip.)  I think it's great that my uncle makes the opportunity available to us each year. Without him setting it up, none of us would probably go. 

On the way home I pulled off the road and slept for about 15 minutes. It was much needed. The road was windy, I was tired and we had a 3 hour drive ahead of us. I got to Lesa's house, they took great care of us, we spent the night and the next day, Alex and I had lunch with my aunt and uncle.

We left around 3pm.  About 4:45 I fell asleep at the wheel going about 80 mph on the 99.  I woke when we hit the dirt in the shoulder. I quickly pulled the wheel back to the freeway, over correcting to the right, then to the left, back to the right and finally ended up in a full 2- 360 rotations. All I could think was "we're going to flip, we're going to roll, turn into it, turn into it!!!"  I saw 15-20 cars and semis trying to avoid me each time my car was facing their direction. I finally pulled out of the spinning and was heading the right direction and still going about 50 mph. I tried to move to the right to get off the freeway, but there was someone there, so I waited and then pulled off the freeway. 

I sat there for what seemed like hours thinking it was a dream and that I was still asleep and it hadn't really happened. Then I looked and saw Alex in the back signing "more" and I knew it was all real.. He's crazy... 

I kept thinking, "am I okay? where are the people stopping to see if I'm okay?" 

NOT ONE PERSON STOPPED TO SEE IF I WAS OKAY.....

I called Chris but his phone was dead. I called my mom and went from being completely calm to completely hysterical. She was at work and had no idea what I was saying. It took a few minutes as it always does when someone is crying and being hysterical... But I finally got out that I was okay, Alex was okay...

I calmed down, got back on the freeway and drove home. I finally got ahold of Chris and told him what had happened. He was upset of course. 

I just can't get over that we A. didn't flip over and B. that no one hit us and C. no one stopped. 

Today has been interesting. My blood sugar crashed last night and again today. Susie came over to help me with Alex and keep my company. Thanks susie. 

When I laid down for a nap earlier all I could see when I closed my eyes was my car spinning on the freeway. I hope I can sleep tonight. I really need Chris to come home. 3 weeks is too long.. 

I feel bad for writing this entry. I know when my aunt reads my blog and  she will be upset for me. (I'm sorry and don't like making you worry.)  I was tired and alone and that's not a good combination. As much as I would like to not be here at my house while chris is gone, I don't think I'm going anywhere til he gets home. 

All I can say is that I'm glad we are alive.. I know how much people love me and it would be terrible if we were not here.. I know I had Angels yesterday. There is no other way to explain how I went through that and didn't have a scratch to me, the baby or the car.... 

The real question is why do I always have to crash when I'm pregnant?????    I don't like this! 
Good night and know that I love all of you and am glad to be here.. 

4 comments:

z007mom said...

Oh My Gosh Lacey!! That is insanely crazy! I am so glad you are okay...besides being shaken up...Jim says he wishes he had his camera to get you on spinning on video - :)
That's funny about Alex signing "more"! Silly Boy!
The kids all said they had a great time with you and Alex. And that Alex hit them and bit them - Ha!
We love you!!

DC Girl said...

You are loved young lady! My prayers have been with you!! I know being alone can fill you with tons of crazy emotions, especially on top of that being pregnant. My mom got in a car accident when she was pregnant with me, scariest thing of her life she said. I can't wait to see you. Jeremy has been working 12 hour night shifts and will be doing that until August 9th so as for photography schedule, its still something we haven't been able to discuss. I promise I will call you when we have something figured out for you.

Anonymous said...

Lacey--what a goofball you are! Ha! It sure makes it clear we don't save ourselves, He saves us! You are officially the "Spinner" in the family. Is your mom Ok after your frantic phone call? Let me know-Love, Aunt Cathy

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Yeah, my mom is okay. Better than me.. Sorry if I worried you.. :(

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey