Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Still Sick

Alex is still sick.. He hasn't thrown up in two days, but still has a fever and won't eat. My mom suggested Ensure the meal replacement. I'll get some when Chris gets home from work.  He's been drinking small amounts of apple juice, some water and milk (when he wants his blankie ie, milk)  but he won't even eat goldfish, which are his most favorite thing.. Poor guy.. But I called the Dr. and if he's not better by tomorrow, I'll take him in. I don't think there's really anything they can do, but I don't want him to end up with kidney problems due to the lack of fluid.. ie, me last year with kidney stones from 2 bouts of food poisoning.. 


Anyway, prayers are welcomed.. I'll update through comments later tonight. 

4 comments:

Orange said...

Poor Alex! Suckers and popsicles are good too. Is Lauren smiling yet?

Misty said...

When Isabella was throwing up for 6 days the doctor said no milk and no juice. His suggestions were...popsicles, Gatorade, Ginger Ale, 7-up, Pedalite, and Jello. Hydration is more important than food. He said that a child can go without food for 2 weeks but only 3-4 days without hydration.

It is not fun with sick kidos! Good luck! I hope he gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Sure hope he starts feeling better. Muna

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Lauren is still working on the smiling. Getting better every day.

I tricked Alex into drinking Gatorade through a medicine dispenser.. About 10 shots worth. That was better than nothing. :) But he wouldn't drink it out of a cup. He's crazy. :)

Let's hope that tomorrow is better..

By the By: He's been in his twin bed since Sunday when we came home. He really likes it and we're going to take the crib out. My boy is growing up!

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey