Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 24, 2008

1st Off... We're OKAY!!

Today we (Chris, Me & Alex) were driving down Ming Ave. heading home to meet up with my mom to then all go to Hanford for our aunt's 85th birthday party.. Didn't make it. Instead, the car in front of us stopped suddenly, causing us to stop suddenly. At this point I thought we were going to be fine.. Situation done.. Unfortunately the car behind us couldn't stop.. She hit us (very hard) we hit the truck in front of us and he hit the car in front of him. It all happened so fast.  Our air bags deployed and Alex was very scared.  We asked each other if we were okay and then quickly got out of the car. I  think I watch too much TV, but I'm always afraid that the car will burst into flames or another person not paying attention will hit us again.. So I wanted to get us and Alex out of there.  


In the car that hit us was 7-8 year old Mia who I grabbed out of the car and the 3 of us went to the side of the street out of harms way. The mother had to stay there until the fireman cleared her to get out. Her bags didn't deploy and they were scared she had a neck injury. The other people were okay (a little sore) but it was just our two cars that had to be towed away... My poor Highlander.  :(  

It's been a big day... Coming home from it all, Alex has been difficult. Not on purpose, but we're just both tired and too sore to play with him. He is perfectly fine. That car seat we have is a champ..  Yeah for Costco buying good products.. 

Chris is tired and sore. We're going to go to the Dr.s tomorrow just to make sure. 

I on the other hand am just not sure what's happening in my life.. I guess God's been talking to me about things. Maybe today He was yelling.. I'm not really sure about what.  I usually feel guilty and know what He wants.. I'm thinking today was just just a coincidence but I have never believed in coincidence.. I've always believed that every thing happens for a reason. Good or bad.. It's what we do to handle situations that matter. Maybe this has nothing to do with me and only to do with the 3 other people involved.. That's fine with me.. (My friend suggested I watch "The 5 People You Meet in Heaven"..  But I can't help to think that I'm bad luck. Why am I always in the wrong place at the wrong time?  My friend jokes about the chronicles of Lacey, but it's not funny anymore. I don't like almost dying with Alex in the car 2 times in 1 month.  Not to mention baby #2 and my wonderful husband..  

Anyhow, here are some pictures of my poor, poor car..  :(  Please know that we are okay and just home resting.. God was with us, AGAIN!!!!  
Here is Alex keeping himself entertained while we wait for the police. And Yes, we get a new car seat.. It's just the rules. Car crash? new car seat.. Just in case. 

7 comments:

CarGate said...

Oh my, glad you're ok. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding your insurance or filing a claim, please ask; I can help!

z007mom said...

So glad you're okay! Hope you're still okay tomorrow, you know how when you exercise you sometimes don't feel it until the next day...we'll be praying that you don't feel it tomorrow! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious Lacey, I go out of town and look what happens. I was gone the last time too. However, I do not think you were unlucky, just the opposite. All very, very lucky!

PS I am going to Tahoe on the 21 to the 26 STAY SAFE

Muna

Anonymous said...

:|
LACEY!

z007mom said...

Hey I was just showing Jimmy the pictures of your car and we scrolled down to the original pic of it and noticed that Toys R Us was in the background...Jim says, "what's up with that?"

But he's too lazy to sign in from his own blog - ha! ha!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

The first photos are on the scene of the accident.. The others are taken from the auto body shop.. Hello to everyone.. Love us

Misty said...

Wow! So glad that you all are okay! =0

I'm a little pissed that I'm learning that you are prego from your blog! Can't a girl get a call!! Anyways, congrats! =)

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey