Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 29, 2008

Roby Duke

You know how you grow up listening to your parents music and then then it becomes your music. Well I found out last night during a conversation with my dad that Roby Duke died from a heart attack the day after Christmas 07. I'm pretty shocked. I guess God decided to bring him home. I got my love of music and singing abilities from my dad. We would spend countless hours in the garage or on his delivery truck listening to tapes and singing to every album that Roby Duke had. I learned a lot about God and life through the lyrics and how to be a better person. I'm pretty sad this morning as I am finding video clips of him on YouTube and remembering that perfect voice and his amazing guitar abilities. He does however look a little different. Shaved head and tattoos. But none the less. He will be very missed in my memories.

UPDATE: Chris came home and showed me how to make links. Yeah!

2 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

I have never heard of him, but I went to the YouTube and listened, he was great! Just my kind of music. Sorry he is gone...some good people left this earth the week after Christmas.

mom said...

Lacey, I liked him too. I did not have to go to youtube, just listened to him on your blog. I love your self description.Love, Muna

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey