Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Blood Sugar and Diets

Well, I finally got some new test strips for my new blood sugar machine.. The problem was that the insurance co wasn't covering the cost of the strips and they were going to be $100 a month.. Couldn't do that.. So, I also got new medication last week and I have actually been taking it.. My problem now is forgetting to eat and then crashing cause my sugar is low from the meds.. I have also had headaches. I think from a lack of sugar. My body is so used to running high.. The morning I went to the dr. for another reason, he did a surprise check on my blood and it was 280 from the banana I ate that morning. Banana's are the enemy to some of us.. Anyway, my last 3 readings have been 126, 115 and today after lunch (Chicken Ceasar Bowl) it was only 143.. yeah.. I'm used to the 300's... So, I've got a headache.. But I'm glad to have new meds and new strips..

Okay, enough about that.. kel and I have been walking.. It's been great.. But I will say that it never gets easier.. i keep thinking it will, but it helps to have someone to go with you to motivate you to go and have some accountability. Alex just goes along for the ride and never complains.. he's such a good baby, even when he's sick..

0 comments:

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey