Our Birthdays Just Keep Coming!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St. Patty's Day Cake-Totally Un-edible!



So it's a long story, but one I saved for the blog and not facebook.


I forgot my icing that I made last night at 11pm (argh!) and had to buy some at class. My teacher gave me what I needed, I had a terrible time with it (cursing, the whole bit) and finally finished the cake. I HAD planned on taking the cake to Lighspeed to be consumed but at the checkout counter the other lady discovered why I was having such a hard time. I wasn't using regular icing, I was using icing concentrate. So needless to say, Lightspeed won't be getting this cake, nor will anyone but the trash can.. Too bad, it is very cute.

So tech learned today was tracing with an edible marker onto rice paper and then transferring it on to the cake and coloring it in with colored piping gel. Never done any of that before, so that was really fun.. and we learned some other stuff to smooth out spatula lines, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful cake. But what is edible marker?
Muna

Brown Eyed Girl said...

The marker is what we used to trace the pattern onto the rice paper. It's made with edible ink.. Crazy, huh? It's the black that you see in the Shamrock.

 

design by grumpy-cow.com
modified by Lacey